Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ninja on the Roller skate for FLIP the series

I've been hooked by the fun sewing series, Flip this pattern, from talented Frances & Suzanne. And still overwhelmed with the result of June that my flip, The girlie ruffles bubble shorts got the award. Hooray!

Well, this month's pattern is the roller skate dress and tunic from Oliver & S which I've just experienced for the first time. Their pattern is marvelous! I've learn a lot on how to sew a proper way just from following the pattern instructions.


I spent lots of time day dream about how to flip it... and some ideas pop up in my mind. The pattern made me think of Ninja suit in Japanese manga which I've seen when I'm just a girl. Crazy idea???



You see the ninja girl? her name is Tsubame. I think her suit may cute for my little girl. No?


Ninja inspired roller skate tunic
And this is the result of my overload-imagination. At least it turned out cute (in my bias opinion) and I think she wear them happily. The top and bottom make her run around perfectly.


Ninja jumping shot!


I have no idea what Tsubame wear inside her mini ninja suit but I'm sure that my young lady can not running with only mini and expose her underwear at the playground. So, I made her a culottes to go with that lengthen tunic.

Ninja roller skate tunic + culottes

Top : I use the roller skate in tunic length with added extra inch at the hem. Build in obi-like, first layer attached the the dress covering the elastic casting lines and second layers as a wrap around belt which stitched to the center back side of the tunic and tied at the front.

Obi-like to sentence the Ninja theme

Cullottes : From Japanese sewing pattern book  シンプル&デサイン おんなの子服 おとこの子服  

 シンプル&デサイン おんなの子服 おとこの子服 
The patterns inside this book are so lovely that I bought it hence I cannot read any Japanese. Just saw the images made me have a sweet dream... but trying to understand and tracing the pattern in action was such a pain.
All in Japanese langues >__<


Easy going !


I still have some more ideas to try with this pattern. It's rock! And if you see how many ideas can came up just from one pretty pattern your mind may blown away as well. Check them at francessuzanne. Don't miss it!







16 comments:

  1. Hi! Love this flip! So cute! I'm Japanese so I know that manga! Oooo, Hattori kun! I think Tsubame is wearing kind of leggings thing under her ninja suit;) If you need help with Japanese sewing books, I'd love to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shino-san! You are so generous to offer to help and gave an idea what to wear inside this top others than this culottes.
      I still want to try to make more outfits from Manga character, maybe Arare or Shizuka. How do you think? :)

      Delete
  2. I love your flip. Love the colors and the whole flair!!! VERY cute pants. Great job!!! I like how she is wearing it with the knee length socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I love both of your flips. and your little model is so darling!

      Delete
  3. Excellent knock-off!! And, so appropriate for an active girl.... Nicely done :). We want to sew from a Japanese pattern so badly, but haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet....Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on! with the experienced sewers like both of you, I'm sure that you can understand that picture diagrams.
      BTW, your series are addicted! (just let you know in case no one told you yet) My girl will got a bunch of outfits from these sew along :)

      Delete
  4. Like the flip, and nice to read about the inspiration for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. once again, great fabric choices and combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this! So cute and it is so similar to that little ninja : ). I would have to say your spelling and puncution are pretty good , and u have a better excuse than me : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute flip! I love the purple and the pink together. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the addition of the belt! I think that I will go back and add a belt to my version. I think I will like it better. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to heard that. You are so sweet to make that dress!

      Delete
  9. It turned out so cute!!! Your little girl is going to love playing in that awesome outfit :-)
    Ledys
    www.fromthesunnyside.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete