Friday, June 21, 2013

My flip : Girlie ruffles bubble shorts with suspenders

I've just started sewing for a while and tried to join in couple series of sewalong as posted in my Flickr. But this is  the first attempt to post it in the blog. (You may notice that this is THE FIRST post of the blog) So, I hope you enjoy it.

The 1st pattern of "Flip this pattern" ,the series hosted by talented Frances Suzanne, is lovely E&E bubble pocket shorts . It's so cute and surprisingly easy to sew. Even me, the naive sewer has no problem to finished the shorts!

And this is how I flip E&E bubble pocket shorts .


I added double layers of ruffles, eyelets and coordinate bias cut gingham to the pockets. These girlie details were add to the suspenders to up level of the sweet-girl looks too.


The shorts turned out sweet as I wish...


My little model was not in the "nice shot" mood. But I tried to pursued her with ice cream. 


Do you think it suits the girl well?

Thank you for stop by!






22 comments:

  1. YEA YOU!! First of all, I am tickled you linked up to the "Flip this Pattern" sew-along. Second, I am absolutely honored that your entry to it was also your first blog post - how special {we began with flickr about a year ago...just like you did....before the blogging bug bit us}! And thirdly, your "flip" is darling. So feminine with the lace additions and I love your mixing and matching with the fabrics and textures....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Thank you so much! I was totally shocked when I know my version win! It was very encouraged. You will have me in the coming sewalong for sure!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I saw it in the Flickr pool and wondered if you were going to link up. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your version is very wonderful. I plan to follow your tutorial and make a skirt (maybe with suspenders?).Will let you know then :)

      Delete
  3. Great job!!! These caught my eye and I'm so excited for you to begin your blog! I can't wait to see what else you create! :) -http://sewingmamaraeanna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've just visited your blog and found a very cute version of edelweiss dress plus give away. Awesome!

      Delete
  4. The mixing of fabrics is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning the sewalong! I love the ruffly suspenders you added to the shorts.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on winning Flip the Pattern for June. I hadn't seen your version until now. They are incredibly sweet - what a lucky little lady! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Immediately after I saw your comment, I headed up to Frances Suzanne blog to check the news. And OH MY! I win. Thank you so much to bring me this good news!

      Delete
  7. OMGOSH that has to be the cutest shorts I have ever seen!!!! Great job did you see that your the last winner go to Calia made and see she picked you!!!!!! ! !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit that this is my favorite flip I've seen. This is so darling and your choice of fabrics is perfect for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there I love the overall shorts you have made! Where can I get the pattern to try?

      Delete