Saturday, August 31, 2013

Secret Squirrel sew along # 2 : August

Today is 31th, August. So, I'm quiet late for this month sew along but it's still on time, isn't it ;)

Even though my tee is very simple but I can't finished it earlier. (as same as my sew along at last month, http://anapprenticehousewife.blogspot.com/2013/07/my-attempt-to-make-outfit-with-secret.html)
My up-cycled raglan tee for Secret Squirrel Sew along, August
In case you're wonder what is the "Secret Squirrel", please follow this link. And you can see others beautiful creations at this flickr group.


This months, my interpretations are as below
My interpretations for 5 acorns.
Acorn no. 1 Tangerine & Acorn no. 5 Something old are combined. As I used up-cycled tee for this project. Both strips and solid tangerine in this project are from my tee (I was also use this solid in my last month sew along. I use the recess raglan pattern from The alphabet collection by See Kate Sew. This pattern is awesome and fun to mix up. I'm sure a lot more tee will come out from this pattern.

Acorn no. 3 Anne of Green Gable. I'm a fan for this novel. I thought I've read this book since I was at grade 7. Still have a copy of both Anne of Green Gable and Anne of Avonlea. Since I have zero knowledge for fashion on that era, I never understand what are those "puffed sleeves" Anne want so much. But it's the only clue about Anne's fashion which I recognized. So, I googled "Anne of Green Gable puffed sleeves" and found this...

Oh dear Anne! It's lovely and unique. But I decided to make less dramatic puffed sleeves for my little girl. (too less puffed?, it's my first time, see)
My little puff-bottom sleeves
Acorn no. 2 patch and Acorn no. 4 Australia are combined to a kangaroo patch front pocket. It's the first idea that pop up in my head for Acorn no. 4. I also considered others option like kangaroo or koala patch on tee but this one is easiest and practical.
Front pocket for carry small friends.
You may notice the heart pendant and necklace. My almost 4 years old made it herself with beads. She is really in to this craft lately.

Well! that are all 5 acorns in to one tee. Do you like it as much as me :)

I've also added this project to the "Flip this pattern" sew-along series. This month (September) is about flipping the whole Alphabet collection from Pattern Anthology. I'm sure that a lot of wonderful creations will pop up during this month. Please visit FrancesSuzanne blog sew-along page to admire.



Thank you for stop by, I really love to hear from you.


8 comments:

  1. Ah that's lovely! I think my little girl would love a kangaroo pocket ! (and the beads! I must do some beading with her!) It's so different from my Secret Squirrel outfit, and probably more practical and wearable! I really like the way everyone comes up with such different ideas on this Secret Squirrel adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have you start create something for this month yet?
      I'm still have no idea to interpret those acorns. @__@

      Delete
  2. Nice job getting all five in one shirt! I love Anne of Green Gables and the puffed sleeves was such a clever idea. One of these months maybe I'll get a project together for Secret Squirrel. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I also love Anne. And joining Secret Squirrel is truly fun!

      Delete
  3. Love it! Very clever :) Glad your little one didn't get really puffy sleeves hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those puffed sleeves are beyond my fashion sense. My girl call them Balloon sleeves! he he

      Delete
  4. Secret Squirrel: What fun and thought-process behind this outfit {*and yes, Anne - with an e - is a favorite book/movie in our household}!! Thanks for linking up to "Flip this Pattern"....we always like seeing what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete